‘Dansport op maat Nederland’ (S.D.N.)
Competitions in the G-class are dance competitions organized by or/and with consent of SDN.
SDN competitions are divided into two classes:
In the Duo-Class, the couple consists of a lady and a man. Both persons have a handicap as described in the statutes. In the Combi-Class, one of the two dancers has a handicap. The other dancer is assisting. In both classes the SDN board can decide that a couple does not have to consist of a lady and a man.
The Dutch Championship is danced in two Duo-classes and in two Combi- classes.
In principle, every contestant is a winner: all dancers will receive a medal.
One couple in each class is entitled to call themselves the official Dutch Champions:
- Dutch Champion Duo- Class I
- Dutch Champion Duo- Class II
- Dutch Champion Combi- Class I
- Dutch Champion Combi- Class II
In all 4 classes the following dances will be danced:
Registration of the couples who are dancing at the Dutch Championships:
- Couples entering the Dutch Championship, must be registered with one of the dancing schools/ clubs affiliated with the SDN. A list of affiliates can be found on the SDN website.
- The SDN affiliates who want to subscribe couples, must have paid their annual contribution. Otherwise SDN can decide not to enter the couples of the particular affiliate.
The competition regulations are not extended. Practice will tell if additional rules and regulations are required.
On request of the SDN affiliates, there will be an extra competition called the Star CCC Award. This open competition, in which a Cha Cha Cha will be danced, is open to all couples in the DUO classes ( I + II together) and in the COMBI classes ( I + II together).
These competitions are called the Star CCC Award.
One couple in each class is entitled to call themselves the official Star CCC Award winners:
- Star CCC Award Champion DUO (classes I + II together)
- Star CCC Award Champion COMBI (classes I + II together)
SDN is affiliated with the NADB (Official Dutch Dance organization), member of NOC*NSF.